When you or a loved one is suffering, you want to find relief. You want it to be easy, effective and quick. For many Canadians conventional medicine fails to bring that relief or if it does it is at an unacceptable cost, so instead they turn to medical cannabis. Once the decision is made to try cannabis and the prescription is written it should be a simple matter of getting your medicine, but a new challenge appears: which licensed producer (LP) is the right partner for you?
Looking for the right LP can be a challenge. After all, you’re entering into a relationship with your provider that requires official registration. Leaving one LP to go to another takes time and effort. You want to make the right choice from the start, so that you can go on with your life knowing that you have a safe and consistent source of medicine available when you need it.
Obviously we’d love to say that everyone should sign up with CanniMed. After all, we’ve been doing this longer than any other LP. We were Health Canada’s medical cannabis supplier for almost a decade and a half before the system evolved to its current configuration. In the wake of that change we were the very first LP, and have been steadily growing to meet your needs. We have been and continue to be on the forefront of medical and product research, working to provide innovative delivery methods and a variety of safe, effective medicines.
Having said all that, our commitment to the welfare of our patients means admitting that sometimes we’re not the right fit for an individual. That’s why when prospective patients ask us why they should choose CanniMed we always give them some questions to ask the other LPs they have under consideration.
Consider the following when choosing your LP:
- How safe is their product? All LPs have to produce product that meet certain mandated standards. Does the LP only meet the minimum standard? At CanniMed we follow Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) that exceed the standards laid out by Health Canada. More than that, our products are tested internally and externally at numerous points throughout the production cycle for quality and safety. This ensures our products are of the highest quality every single time.
- Have they ever had a recall? It’s important to know if an LP has ever had product recalled, even if it was voluntary. You need to know that your medicine is safe; after all, you don’t want to put your health at risk. CanniMed has never had a product recall.
- Have they ever run out of stock? If you find a product that works for you and provides you with the relief you’ve been seeking you want to make sure that you get it when you need it. We have never run out of stock on any of our products.
- What sort of support is provided once registration is complete? Are there knowledgeable people to help you determine dosage, or answer questions about insurance, or walk you through changes to your registration? Our amazing CSR’s can help you with all of that, efficiently and compassionately. We also offer bi-monthly newsletters with valuable information exclusive to our patients. And we have an in-house pharmacist who is ready to help answer all your questions.
- Do they support ongoing medical research? We’ve only just begun to delve into the true medical value of cannabis. While others may be waiting to jump onto the recreational side, our efforts remain focused on evolving the medicinal uses of this amazing plant, which is why we actively support ongoing research and clinical trials using cannabis.
By asking the above you can help to determine if you are making the right choice for your specific needs.
At CanniMed we don’t refer to you by number, you aren’t a “customer”, you’re our patient who has put your trust in us and our products. We believe that we are starting a lasting relationship with you, where we are privileged to help you find relief and improve your quality of life.
We look forward to earning that trust, and invite you to contact us with any other questions, comments or concerns you may have. We’re here to help.