CanniMed Therapeutics Inc., a leader in plant-based technologies, is seeking a self-driven individual to join the Quality Control team in a permanent, full-time position. The QC Analyst performs analytical routine testing for incoming, in-process, release and stability testing on finished product, critical reagents and raw materials as needed. The QC analyst, initiates and coordinates quality-related data from production, service or process improvement activities and reports these data using statistical techniques. Weekend work will be required on a rotating basis. The Quality Control (QC) Analyst, will report directly to the Quality Control Manager, and will be responsible for the following:
- Perform testing as per established SOPs using analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, UPLC, GC-MS, ICP-MS, spectroscopy and associated software
- Perform analytical method transfer, qualification or validation activities
- Responsible for training personnel on lab methods and instrumentation
- Follow all established laboratory, regulatory, safety and environmental procedures. Adhere to the standards of quality rules by cGMP and the company Quality Policies and site SOPs
- Ability to author, review and update SOPs as needed; understand and follow complex written procedures
- Assist with Method validation and equipment qualification.
- Must follow good documentation practices in all aspects and phases of work; provide reports for review in a timely manner; work with other lab personnel on projects and participate in OOS and failure investigations; recommend possible corrective actions
- Maintain the safety and orderliness of the lab; apply knowledge of cGMPs and GLPs on a daily basis
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate detailed oriented and accurate work
- Material sampling, receipt and inventory control, including controlled substances
- Assist in the development of sampling and analysis programs for raw materials
- All other duties as assigned.
- A University Degree (BSc.) in an applicable discipline (chemistry or related field) with a minimum of 1 year laboratory experience, preferably in a cGMP, GLP setting.
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and EXCEL.
- Experience with method validation and knowledge of ACMPR, NCR, USP and Ph. Eur. are assets.
Salary will be based on skill levels and education. CMED offers a comprehensive benefits package. Incumbents will be required to pass a Government of Canada Security Check, a criminal record check and must hold Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant Status.
Click on the "Apply Now" button below to proceed to the application form. Make sure you specify the title of the job you are applying for as well as all other relevant information.Apply Now